Wednesday, October 5, 2011

100511

What's It Called?

What's The Story?
You could almost say that their lead singer has moves like Jagger.
Miss You is from their best-selling album, Some Girls.

Who's To Blame?
Either a parent or an uncle. Who else gets at you early enough in life to beat the Stones into you?

Why ♥ It?
That refrain. Case closed. It gets played on the keys, the harmonica, the guitar, and most notably, is sung. There's some great funky bass, and I'm sure there are lyrics being sung or some such thing. But that's not why this song is one of the all-time greats.
This song is so much centered around that one part that, when a band I saw this weekend that covered it, I kept trying to exclaim to friends how much I enjoyed the band and their cover of...
...
...
What's the name of that song again?
You know, that Stones song.
I had this conversation 3 or 4 times before someone actually knew, although everyone knew exactly what song I meant when I hummed it.
It takes a special kind of song to be so ultimately recognizable without any knowledge of the title.

No comments:

Post a Comment