Thursday, October 4, 2012

100412

What's It Called?
deadmau5 feat. Chris James - The Veldt [8 minute edit]

What's The Story?
I don't as much want to talk about the artist as the song here--this is a really organically written tune. deadmau5 read Ray Bradbury's The Veldt and was inspired to pen a beat that had the mood he got from the story (which is dandy, btw). Then, fan Chris James heard it, and was moved to make some vocals. Very much a theme tune, and the 8 minute edit dropped on mau5's new album this past week, Album Title Goes Here.

Who's To Blame?
Not very often that any of us get to say this as fans: I watched this one happen. (Through social media, of course)

Why  It?
It's a chill & introspective beat, and the vocals are really silky for a male voice.
I'll be honest, though: if the story about how this tune came together doesn't have ya listening, I don't know that there's much else I can say. It's hard to separate both the novelty of the writing & my love of that short story from the song and judge it purely on its sound without any context.
That's probably the charm about it, though.

1 comment: